2016 Summer Site Office Hours
Closed Monday, June 27th to Friday, July 15th
Summer Office Hours begin Monday, July 18th: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Closed Fridays: June 17th, July 22nd and July 29th
All School Sites will be closed Monday, August 8th until 11:00 a.m.
†††††† Normal Office Hours Begin on Tuesday, August 9th
This site is no longer being updated. †Please visit our new site at:†
College Research Presentation and Banner
Each student has chosen a 4 year college or university to research for this project. So that there are no repeats, you may not change the college you are researching without getting PRIOR approval from Mr.s Weaver-Beal.
Students should have notes detailing the requirements for this assignment, but a copy is also included in the links at the bottom of this page.
Are you on the right path to the future you dream of?
You will be exploring each of the sites listed above.
1. Start with "The Hard Facts." Read and take Cornell Notes on the information on this webpage.
2. Skip this step, as the videos do not work.
3. Read the "Inspirations" in the third link. Choose at least one quotation to write a personal response to. In your multi-paragraph response, explain why the quote is meaningful to you and how you can use the words as a guide toward planning and fulfilling your high school and college goals. Create a poster for your inspirational quote. Attach your written response to the back.
4. Read the "Tips." Take Cornell notes on what tips you can follow to be successful in your academic education.
5. Follow the link to the PSAT 8/9 information. Click through all the links to explore what the PSAT test will be like.
When you're working on your science fair project, you will need to include graphs. Here's a website that will help generate graphs for you. You will need to input your data and select a graph appropriate to the information you want to present.
Homework Center is offered three days a week--Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday--from 2:15-3:15. I, along with another teacher and two instructional aides, am at Homework Center to provide assistance to students in all subject areas.
This is a good time for students to catch up on missing work, study for upcoming tests, get help filling out TRFs, or seek help with specific problems in their homework.
No "Homework" exist(s)